Sunday, April 27, 2008

P.E. lesson, is it a school problem?


Salam,

Last night I watched a football match between Liverpool(my favourite team) and Birmigham and the 2-2 drew had shown that the team should expose the players more often to make sure that they will play up to the standard. I said so because I believe that practise makes perfect.

Everyday in school, I can see many students play football at the field during P.E. lessons. They are playing so happily and there is a P.E. teacher standing among them to watch them playing for about 40 minutes. I'm worried that they will grow up without bringing together the skills because I have experienced playing volleyball with some friends who had average height of 5' 10" above. They kept telling me that they didn't have any teacher to teach them how to dig the ball and never they had a chance to learn how to spike. We really need teachers who are not just teaching P.E. for the sake of teaching but they should teach the students so that they will not blame their teachers in the future. I also disagreed with the suggestion from a teacher who had brought up many A's students in maths and physics that suggested the school to use the P.E. lessons as a time for drilling the students with the questions. That's why nowdays we lack of good athletes and I don't see the reasons of being weaker students from participating in P.E. lessons. JERI in National Philosophy of Education is set to be implement not as a rhetoric and that's why we are producing weaker generation day by day.

Let's make a move, go back to older days where children again using their evening playing on the field rather than watching tv or playing cd games or else.


No comments: